Letters of Life: An Introduction

How about starting to write in a blog? What? A BIG NO! I tried it before, not once, but many times and they were sucks. Are you kidding? It’s true. This is not my first blog. Before, when I was in the first year of college, during my bachelor degree, I started to write scientific blog. How boring. Yes, you’re right. I could only stand for a week with two articles and all of them was my assignments in class. Next, I tried to create fictions blog. Sounds promising. Unfortunately, not at all. I could only write one and half short-stories. Ah, dev, you’re such a moron. Could you stop that?! That’s why my answer is a BIG NO for starting a blog, again. Happy?

A couple days afterwards...

C’mon, start blogging. NO WAY! How do you suppose me to do that? I can’t. Though I have lots of time to produce some writings, but in short time, I will be busy with my days and the blog will be discarded.

So much later that the old narrator got tired of waiting and they had to hire a new one.
(haha) I am just exaggerating and those words are from Spongebob Squarepants episode. Did you say Spongebob Squarepants? It's unbelievable. Yes, it is (haha). It is still very entertaining movie for me.  
Back to our topic, actually, still in that week...

You should start blogging and writing, sharing your life and experiences to others. Alright, I give up and, Voila! This blog is exist. If you ask me, "Who said that?" The answer is I do (haha). I wake up, the sun is shining, the birds are singing in the roof top, then I get those words. This is what I am dealing with. I am not perfect in writing. I remember my lovely English teacher prepared a new red pen every time she corrected my writings. Geez! The thing is I couldn't get rid of the calling, so I guess I can only try for this blog.

Like in every articles, I think it would be a good idea to have an introduction on why this blog is finally born. First, it is for my own sake. Wait, do you say first? Ooh my, it will be long. No, No, No. I promise I will only write 500-1000 words or one to one and a half page of A4 paper for every title in this blog. So, where were we? Ah, yes, for my own sake because all the stories in this blog is my life. Really? Well, no, actually (haha). I may tell you the inspiring stories of others, but mostly, the contents of this blog will be the reflections of many things happen in my life. Thus, I entitled this blog LETTERS OF LIFE.

You may have realized it already and, Yes! There will be some sentences in Italic. I call them the still small voices deep inside of me. What? Are you sober? Yes, I am completely dry. I quit drinking many years ago. It’s just the way I give thought to my actions, like talking to myself. Fine, you are weird. I don’t want to get to know you. Hold on, the point is I learn from my mistakes and write them down in this blog to be the remembrance for me so I won't make the same oversights. 

Second, I dedicate my writings to my family. Hmm, in fact, only my younger brother can understand English. What? You are weirder. Enough then, I don’t want to have anything to do with you. Wait, don’t go. Please listen to my third reason later. Anyway, my younger brother can tell the stories to my dad and mom. It’s not because I can’t talk to them by myself, but for some reasons, I stay far away from home these couple years and I feel I don’t have enough time to tell them about my life in details and what I have been through. Moreover I can only call them once a week due to the time difference between two countries and our daily duties. It is better for me to hear their stories and know that they are good when I call them.  

Third, this blog is simply a media to learn for all of us. Publilius Syrus (85-43 BC), a Latin writer, said "From the errors of others, a wise man corrects his own." However I have to tell you one thing. I am a Christian, so I might quote The Words from The Holy Bible in my writings. If you are from different beliefs, I do respect that since I believe every faith teaches us to fix our thoughts on what is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, admirable, things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Hopefully, this blog may fortify your confidence. Even if you don’t believe in God, I have in mind that you can internalize every lesson that Life gives me. Enjoy the Letters of Life!

My lives are a letter that anyone can read.
(2 Corinthians 3:2, MSG, author's modify)


Comments